Are you going to stay in away from the Black Friday madness? Shopping from your home in your PJs is a great way to shop. One downside of this method is that your credit card gets entered online. In today’s post, we want to go over some safe ways to pay for your online purchases online.
PayPal is a popular way to conduct an online transaction, but there are a lot of people who don’t know how to use it. The site acts as a go-between you and the merchant you are purchasing things from. To create a PayPal account, go to PayPal.com. The setup process is simple, and you will have the ability to link your credit card or your bank account to the account. Once created, you will be able to shop securely on more than 200,000 sites that accept PayPal.
In addition, another benefit is you will not have to enter your contact and card information for every purchase. Sites that accept PayPal will have a button under the payment tab that says, ‘Check out with PayPal.’ Clicking on this button will redirect you to your PayPal to finish the transaction.
Lastly, PayPal has partner companies that allow you to preload your account with cash that you can use directly with these companies. These companies include CVS, GameStop, Walmart, Speedway, and more.
If you are doing any online shopping this holiday season, at one point or another, you will probably end up on Amazon.com. Unfortunately, Amazon does not directly allow you to use PayPal for transactions. There are two primary reasons for this. First, eBay once owned PayPal (a huge competitor for Amazon). Secondly, is that PayPal is a competitor of Amazon Cash.
Amazon Cash is a method that allows users to add cash to their accounts through partner stores. This allows you not to use any card online at all. Here’s how to use this method:
- Open up the Amazon app at one of their partner stores.
- Type Amazon Cash in the search bar.
- Scroll and find the ‘Get your barcode.’
- Show the cashier; once scanned, you can add $5 to $500 to your account.
There are several partner stores throughout our area. Below is a list of some places for each one of our locations:
- Game Stop: 521 Yopp Rd Ste. 208 Jacksonville, NC 28540 (a few doors down from us)
- Western Union @ Lowes Foods 2421 Gum Branch Road Unit 200 Jacksonville, NC 28540
- GameStop 334 S. College Road Wilmington, NC 28403
- Western Union @ Harris Teeter 5920 Carolina Beach Road Wilmington, NC 28412
- Western Union @ Harris Teeter 2021 Olde Regent Way Ste. 225 Leland, NC 28451 (a few doors down from our shop)
- Western Union @ Food Lion 103 Village Rd NE Leland, NC 28451
Note: There are several locations in each area; listed locations are centrally located around each area.
While PayPal works with several online stores, it is not accepted everywhere. Subsequently, a great solution is to use a prepaid credit card. These cards are sold just about anywhere gift cards are sold. You can preload any amount, usually up to $500, and check out with these cards. This keeps your card and bank information off the web entirely. Even if the card were to become compromised, the only amount the thieves could spend what is left on the card.
If you found this article interesting or helpful, check out our other posts!