How often do you watch a video on YouTube? Did you know that it contains useful shortcuts, buttons, and extremely useful commands but not immediately obvious? We compiled a list of keyboard shortcuts that can help improve your viewing experience. While not customizable, these shortcuts will work on any operating system.
- Mute/Unmute: M
- Increase Volume (in full-screen mode)*: Up Arrow
- Decrease Volume (in full-screen mode*: Down Arrow
- Increase Playback Speed**: >
- Decrease Playback Speed**: <
* Volume increases/ decreases in increments of 5%
** Playback speed increases/ decreases in increments of .25%
- Rewind 10 Seconds: J
- Fast-Forward 10 Seconds: L
- Play/ Pause: K (sometimes Spacebar)
- Advance Frame (While Paused): ,
- Previous Frame (While Paused): .
- Jump to Beginning: Home or 0
- Jump to End: End
- Go to 10-90% of Video: 1-9
- View Hotkeys: Shift + ?
- Closed Captions and Subtitles: C
- Launch Mini player: I
- Toggle Full Screen: F (Esc to exit)
- Advance to Next Video in Playlist: Shift + N
- Advance to Previous Video in Playlist: Shift + P
If you found this article interesting or helpful, check out our other posts!